Wait...what?

    -Your client refuses to listen to you and has rejected your every
suggestion.
    -Your client has no money and refuses to use the free resources
already available.
    -Your client expects you to build a custom site for free.
    -You agreed to build the site on the hopes that you'll get paid when
it takes off.
    -You don't believe this site will ever take off.
    -You're unemployed, and are doing this work for free knowing that
you'll probably never get paid for it.

I think I've found the source of your frustration, and it's not that
there isn't a free CF shopping cart...

I've been an unemployed, broke, work from home, take what you can get,
freelance contractor myself, so I know where you're coming from.  (My
wife and I both lost our jobs on the same day back in 2005, so I REALLY
know where you're coming from!)  I've wasted many, many hours on these
types of clients in the hopes that one day it would turn into
something.  What I found, though, was that the ones that wanted
everything for nothing to start with will continue to expect everything
for nothing even after their business takes off (if it ever does).  Even
if you're doing work for a friend, they'll always expect the
good-ole-boy discount.  I can hear it now, "C'mon man, I could outsource
this for a third of what you're wanting to charge me.  You never tried
to charge me this much before!"

I also realized that there comes a point where you have to fire some
clients.  If it's not profitable, then it's a waste of time.  Sure, I
realize that sometimes you have a $100 electric bill that's due and you
need to buy groceries, so you'll do whatever work you can find to get
that money.  But don't do the work if you don't get the money.  Free
projects should be done in your free time.  The time you waste on the
freebie clients would be better spent trying to find paying clients, or
cutting your neighbors grass to scrape together the money you need.
Trust me, I've been there.

Thanks,

Eric Cobb
ECAR Technologies, LLC