> No there might not be, but I find it hard to accept that people are telling
> me to install a new instance and have two instances of ColdFusion 9 running
> and for what purpose?

I don't know who's telling you what, but I don't see anyone telling
you to install a new instance. What I do see, is people saying if
you're going to install multiple instances using CF, the first
instance shouldn't be used for development or deployment. And if
you're not going to install multiple instances, you don't even need to
install the multiserver version of CF.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.