Indeed - I just wanted to try and help clarify the purpose of
cfusion.... which means that even in development it's intent was not
actually meant for developing against.

But again, if it's working for you, and you're happy, keep using it.

As an aside, after we perform a multi-server install (whether it be
dev, test, stage, qa, production), we shut down cfusion and never use
it again, Ever.

Andy