> I need to know if there is an anchor in a URL string (e.g.,
> http://mylink.cfm#thisanchor).
>
> Doing a CF dump and listing of every cgi var I know of does not give me that
> information.
>
> Is there any way I can tell if a URL contains an anchor?

This information is not sent to the server. It's used to allow the
browser to navigate within a page, but doesn't require that the
browser request the page from the server.

So, you can't tell this from CF. You could do it from JavaScript, then
send that information to the server.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.