Is it using the CLIENT scope, with vars in the db? Is it storing
things in the COOKIE scope, and checking that scope on login for
previously entered credentials?

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Community Professional - ColdFusion
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer

Co-Author of "Learning Ext JS"
http://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js/book
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com