I'm trying to tell you that my earlier statement that I thought that inline
javascript didn't fire when loaded via an ajax request was false. I did a
test (using jquery as my ajax handler) and proved that I could set the focus
to the AccessID field on page load. It seems there must be a problem with
something in your code vs. a restriction in javascript or a browser. Since
we know this now the only way to move forward is for you to post your code.