On 12/20/00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] penned:
>And those of us still on 4.0x don't (I think) have that option.

The thing that burns me up is that they didn't take any compatibility
issues into account. Alot of people, including myself, aren't quite
comfortable with moving up to 4.51 due to all the bugs, the cost, or
whatever reason. So there are still alot of servers running 4.01 and
you can't build an application that uses session or application
variables that will run on 4.0 and 4.5 since you MUST specify the
scope in 4.5 and CAN'T put a scope="" parameter into cflock on 4.0.
They should at least issue a patch for 4.01 that will just ignore the
scope="" parameter rather than returning an error. Either that or
make 4.51 stable and make it a FREE upgrade. Better yet, I don't
understand why they couldn't have been smart enough to read the
variables inside the lock to see if they are application or session
variables and set the scope accordingly. Then anything that was built
with cflocking for 4.01 would work automatically. Unless I'm missing
something. I'd love to hear what everyone else does to build a single
application using scope or application variables that will run on
4.0x and 4.5x. I've gone back and changed everything I've ever done
to use client variables only, but would like to know I could maybe
use session variables in the future if need be.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452