> Adobe, presumably, has developers who work on their site. The question
> isn't about taking away CF product developers, it is about what
> language to use to do that which is already being done...ie, building
> the Adobe website. There is no good reason, that I'm aware of, to not
> implement a gradual change plan, redoing one section of an app at a
> time as you update and refresh things and using a new language (CF in
> this case) to do so.
>
> It isn't something I would expect to happen overnight, nor should it.
> Rather a healthy policy of "eating your own dog food" should be put in
> place to utilize their own products (CF, Flex, etc) for new projects
> and ongoing development .

Adobe has plenty of dog food, though - they have two CMS products that
I'm aware of, both in J2EE. They have other products, like Contribute,
which are arguably better suited to product information pages. They
use CF and Flex in places (like the Adobe Exchange), and use other
things in other places.

And Adobe isn't adding new functionality to their site constantly -
it's primarily an informational site, rather than an application.

So, to me, saying "Adobe should use CF for their entire site" doesn't
make a lot of sense. If I were an Adobe stockholder, I wouldn't want
them to spend their money that way. I'm not, so I don't care much one
way or the other.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.