Andrew,

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought that was if the system was checking
*only* mime-type. The framework checks both mime-type AND file extension. I did
check on that at the time of that exploit and ensured that our framework was
protected from that exploit. If I have missed something on that, do let me know.

The folder is set to allow reading and writing, but not execution. It has
Application.cfm protection. I can ensure that the uploads are protected from
unwanted files by BOTH mime-type and extension.

The location can be configured to a location outside of the web root. I think,
however, that it can be made safe enough to obviate the need for a severe
warning on that front.

If there is a specific threat that I have not addressed, however, I would
certainly like to know.

I have Googled this topic in the past, so a specific unaddressed vulnerability
would be helpful if there is something that I have missed.

Thanks,

Steve