> There are a few different versions of SQL 2008. One of them
> is billed as SQL server web which is focused on being the
> backend for a data driven website. Has anyone used this and
> have they had any problems?

The engine itself should be essentially the same between editions, the main
differences will be in the cost and licensing (how many CPUs, memory it can
use, etc.).  My understanding is that the Web edition is targeted at larger
web hosting companies that need to offer SQL server as a back-end, or for
larger single customers who have a large web infrastructure.  It is only
available under a volume licensing plan, so if you just want one copy you're
likely better off purchasing standard (assuming that SQL Express doesn't
meet your needs for free).

-Justin