> Contrary to popular belief not everybody makes the big bucks.

In that case, it's even more important to have the best tools you can afford.

> What would be nice to see some sort of discount for developers or trim it
> down like they do for the server so that use developers can at least practice
> using it.

It would be nice if unicorns shit rainbows too. But people at Adobe
have to eat just like everyone else. And I don't think they could
easily differentiate between "practice" and "real" coding.

That said, Adobe has offered bundling - buy CF server, get two or
three seats of CF Builder. Adobe's also offered Flash Builder for free
to unemployed developers, and ColdFusion Builder free for educational
use:

http://freeriatools.adobe.com/

If you have a valid student ID, you're good to go.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.