> What are "corporate optics"?

Seriously?

What about car dealerships that sell multiple brands? How should they
> proceed?

Same applies. Drive one of our brands. Most sales people drive company owned
vehicles.

> What happens when one car company buys another? Do all the employees
> have to buy new cars?

See above. Not an issues. Did Adobe buy PHP? If not how does this apply?

> Anyway, I guess Adobe can just pay to rewrite all this software using
> the proceeds they get from reducing the price of CFB.

I guess. I'm not sure what the means.

I'm not sure why you're trying to be obtuse here Dave. You seriously (read:
SERIOUSLY) cannot see the benefit of Adobe not using PHP on a page about
ColdFusion? You don't see how that can give CF competitors ammo? "Well how
good can CF really be if Adobe doesn't even use it on pages about CF?" Adobe
has enough issues with the industry taking CF seriously, why fuel the fires?