> Based on some of the comments in this thread, am I correct in
> assuming that cookies must be enabled in the client's browser
> in order for session variables to work?

No, that's not correct, although it would make everybody's life a bit
easier. CF can receive the CFID and CFTOKEN values from cookies or through
the URL, or potentially even through form fields. All that matters is that,
for every subsequent page request, the browser sends back the appropriate
CFID and CFTOKEN values.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496