Hey everybody, we're in a bind here and I pitched the idea to the
client of bringing in a ringer.  Is there someone out there who is
interested in building a direct-to-SQL Server or direct-to-mySQL-based
solution?

Solution would have to, on a scheduled basis, grab a file in a
location on the server on its own without CF and process it (we have
stuff that retrieves/places the file).  Current file size is about 50
mb but must be expected to go to around 100.  At 42mb using just CF I
am at about 70 seconds per record loop.  We need a *significant*
improvement in performance.  Work would be on a dedicated Windows
server.  Present box is a fairly powerful Crystaltech Win2003 Server
w/4GB RAM and a Xeon 2.8 processor w/4 cores.  We'd consider a
Win2008, 64-bit installation to improve speed.  Looking at a 24-core
server at Viviotech w/16gb as a hi-horsepower alternative.

Our feed partner is probably going to be able to use a different
method of delivery that will reduce file size, but for now we need to
plan for the worst and move on it.

Anyone interested?  You can email me at my for-reals email at matt AT
mysecretbase DOT com.

--
--m@Robertson--
Janitor, The Robertson Team