It occurred to me that I should first ask if this issue is causing any
problems, or if it is only an unexpected way to format a number? For example
0.00 = 0E-8. They are both the same number regardless of how they are
displayed.

For clarification, which number has the unexpected formatting, the value
pulled directly out of a database table and placed in the cfquery record
set, the variable that is being assigned the value, or both?

-Mike Chabot