Sounds like a really good approach for those "non-special-needs" sites.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark A. Kruger [mailto:mkru...@cfwebtools.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:36 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: I think I'm confused...

Slight side track:

We have about 100+ staging sites here at CFWT for various clients. I got
tired of adding "client1.cfwebtools.com" and "client2.cfwebtools.com" to the
DNS server evertime I had a new site. About 65% of ours sites on non special
needs sites and are all on a single CF8 server. So at some point I simply
added a wildcard entry for my domain.... that way *anything*.cfwebtools.com
(meaning anything that is not otherwise specified in DNS) hits the same IP
address. To set up a new site all I have to worry about is server stuff...
no DNS.

-Mark

Mark A. Kruger, MCSE, CFG
(402) 408-3733 ext 105