On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Matt Quackenbush <quackfu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's the beauty of refactoring, though.  Unless you need to, don't.  And
> if no other method is calling it (or expected to call it), then it is not
> needed.  If it becomes needed, refactor and add it in.  :-)

I generally agree with this notion but I think it starts to fall apart
with more complex methods. You might have a whole routine that only
gets called one place but is complex enough that there are benefits to
breaking it up into multiple methods that have single concerns. Doing
so makes it easier to debug (the method names provide helpful clues to
follow the chain of execution) and makes it much easier to unit test.

> Either way, though, the arguments should be clearly defined.

Agreed.