Don't forget that in CF8 you gained the ability to specify custom tag
folders in your Application.cfc file instead. I know you are looking
for the simplest solution, but this is an option as well.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Ian Skinner <h...@ilsweb.com> wrote:

> On 4/12/2011 12:28 PM, Donnie Carvajal wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>> The intention is to set up a multi-server instance.  I did find the
>> customtags and the cfx directories for this instance; however, the
>> customtags are more of a library that we use across servers.  Is there a
>> generic place that i can put these files so that all instances that I will
>> install on this server will see them?  I would like to put the CFX tags and
>> components in a common place as well.
>>
>> Donnie
>
> Not out of the box.  But you define as many custom tag locations as you
> like in the administrator.  So it would be easy enough to use your
> c:/jrun4/customtags/  and just define that in each and every instance
> that you would like to search that directory for tags.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master

Email    : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog      : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster