While installing the trial of SQL Server 2008 will get you the full
Management Studio and Business Development Studio (or whatever it is
called in 2008, and is required for developing SSIS solutions), SQL
Server Express does not have the SSIS service.  You have to have at
least one full SQL Server 2008 server somewhere to have an SSIS
service.  You might consider purchasing SQL Server 2008 Developer
Edition (which should be about $50) which is essentially a fully
functioning version of SQL Server 2008 Enterprise with the licensing
restriction that it only be used for development and not production.

Link to Developer Edition on MicrosoftStore.com:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/productID.221634300/search.true

HTH,
Carl