> Here is what I am running into.  I have a web form that takes in the info I
> need.  I process the form on the next page and it creates an XML document
> that I need (which is being created successfully).  I need to display
> something back to the end user telling them it's been created.  After my end
> tag </cfprocessingdirective> if I write any text it throws back the errors
> that there is something after that end tag...  How do I create my XML
> document and still display something back to the end user (or if need be,
> use a cflocation to get them to an acknowledgement page?

You can't output both XML and HTML within a single HTTP response.
Well, you can, but the client won't know what to do with it. If you
need to generate XML, that typically isn't going to be returned
directly to the browser, because the browser won't know what to do
with it.

So, you will have to take a slightly different approach. There are a
couple of ways you could go. You could notify the user before
generating the XML, then redirect the user to the XML generation. Or,
you could generate the XML and store it in a variable or file, then
allow the user to click a link to generate the appropriate XML
response.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or on