The SVN client 1.6 will work with older 1.4.x SVN servers.  But the reverse is
not true.  Also, if you have two SVN clients on your desktop, you should make
sure they are the same version.  If a repo was checked out with a 1.6.x client
you cannot use a 1.4.x client.

Wil Genovese

One man with courage makes a majority.
-Andrew Jackson

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.