From: Integration Developer [mailto:tyrsbl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:05 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: So to flog the preverbial undead horse

I've been a CF developer for over 8 years. in that time I've seen I don't
know how many threads on how CF is a dying language. In my experience
however it seems to have a consistent level of demand. Recruiters have told
me that in the future I should move out the CF field and more into C#/ASP
realm. I'm very happy in my current position and I am compensated quite
well. But as someone who is 36 and with 2 children there is some concern
about future career. So my question to all of you is easy: can you convince
me that CF will continue to pay my bills, clothe my children and put bacon
in the beans? If not, suggest some alternative pathways (honestly with a
CIS/Business minor degree I've thought about IT management.).

Cheers