From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwa...@figleaf.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:53 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: loop timing out

> The problem with mapped drives is that they may not be available or set
> under the user account the Coldfusion service is using.  I'm assuming
> your running on a Windows box.  Drive mappings are created at the time a
> user logs onto a Windows box.  Since Coldfusion runs as a service, the
> user account it is assigned to run under never "logs in".  You'd be
> better off using a UNC path.

While I agree with your conclusion about using UNC paths, it's not
exactly correct to say that CF never logs in. If you configure the CF
service to run as a specific user, that user does in fact log in. If
that user previously created persistent drive mappings, those will
still be present.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or ons