From: Patti, Michael
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 11:35 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Changed internal IP addresses on server - cffile breaks?

I recently had to change the internal IP addresses of my Windows 2003 (32
bit) server that is running CF8 standard.  The IPs were changed from a
10.0.0.x format to 192.168.31.x format.

After the change was made, CF appeared to be running fine; but I'm running
into a problem with <cffile> not writing  .htm files to the file system.

When I add entries to the server's hosts file to hardcode the mapping to the
new internal IP addresses, it works fine, so somewhere in the server's
internals, some file isn't picking up on the change.

Is there anything that needs to be done in Coldfusion to register the change
of the internal IP addresses?

Thanks,
Michael