From: Patti, Michael
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 11:16 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: Changed internal IP addresses on server - cffile breaks?

The program that's trying to write the file is an ancient CMS that used to be
called 'ActiveMatter' and has been re-branded as 'iMIS eContent Manager'.  It
makes use of a .net-driven publishing service that also lives on the web
server.  The publishing service basically queries a database server that is
located in a different network, and when it finds records that need to be
published, it tries to establish a connection with CF, which then attempts to
write a static HTML file containing the ntext value stored in the database for
the content record that has been created/updated.

It's the hand-off between the publishing service and CF where things are
breaking down; and the specific error CF is reporting is:

"Failed to get fused content from
http://www.[mydomain].org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Mission_Statement&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=3229&FuseFlag=1.
 The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
System.Net.WebException"

As I mentioned, hard-coding the new internal IP address mappings into the hosts
file corrects the problem; but that doesn't address the underlying cause.

Thanks,
Michael