If you're doing large volumes, I recommend ExactTarget.  CF can't
actually manage things like bounce-backs, since that's all on the email
server-side.  You could write all those hooks yourself, if your email
server allows you to embed applications, but it's more efficient to let
the pro's handle it for you, at least in my experience.  Subscriptions
you can certainly do with CF, but you can just as easily have your CF
subscription system write back to ExactTarget when necessary, so they're
not exclusive, depending on your needs.