These days I'm all about letting someone else manage my data. That of course
carries with it the questions of whether or not you can trust others with it

I'm looking at Amazon's RDS. If you set up multiple availability zones, it
automatically replicates and fails over. No DNS changes needed. (Plus they
handle backups, etc) I know the MySQL version offers this - not sure about
the Oracle flavor. (No SQL Server however)

I believe SQL Server Azure provides this functionality.

Billy Cravens