Carbonite eh.....I've seen it mentioned a few times....saw a commercial
for it over the weekend for the 1st time.

Perhaps I didn't understand the offer, but it sure seemed like online
(i.e. the cloud) was the repository??

If so, I'm curious why the cloud is seen as a  safe backup solution?

The only use I can see for cloud based backups is a secondary backup in
case of say a fire at home (where you may not have  a fire safe)...or
perhaps a flood.  To use it as primary backup seems even more prone to
problems than a kid yanking on cords (given that it's beyond your
control....but it would be safe from your own kids...hehe).

Anyways, just curious to see what folks think and to make sure I'm not
missing some silver bullet solution to backups ;-)

TIA

Cheers