> Yes, it's storage in their datacenters.  I'd not sure if they are using
> someone else's cloud or their own storage.

Most seem to rely on either Amazon or Rackspace, and they simply
provide more friendly front-ends to S3.

> As a first level, I have a ReadyNAS RAID device configured to do Time
> Machine backups.  This runs hourly as a minimum.  If a drive fails in the
> ReadyNAS, you can hot-swap and rebuild it.  If two fail, or the entire
> device is crushed by an angry Sasquatch, you'd need a second level of
> protection.

... or the mainboard on your NAS unit fails - most of us don't keep a
spare lying about. I have a four-drive array with a failure tolerance
of two drives, and two spare drives behind my desk, and I still think
that's more likely to be a SPOF than cloud storage.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or ons