Very similar to what you're reporting:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google%20Apps/thread?tid=5f96d0e5cfc60a95&hl=en

It can be a limit issue - I believe Google's SMTP server reject all connections
from that user once you hit limit (500/day or 2000/day for a premium account; I
am very certain about the limit, just less so about how the SMTP server
responds).
I know you say it's been working before, but test the limit issue before you
summarily dismiss it. Google does have that limit, and perhaps they only
recently started enforcing it for you.

To confirm whether or not it's a limit issue:
Login to the web interface using the user you're using for CFMail, and try to
send - if you hit a limit, you're locked out for 24 hours.

You can always cycle through accounts to bypass the limit issue (this solution
even shows up in Google's support pages, go figure)

Billy Cravens
bdcrav...@gmail.com