Ok thanks, didn't realise it was all XML based! Will give it a shot

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Michaels [mailto:r...@michaels.me.uk]
Sent: 02 October 2011 11:24
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Reading and writing text document sdvice

this seems like the bit you want.
http://code.google.com/apis/documents/docs/3.0/developers_guide_protocol.htm
l#UpdatingDocsAndFiles

I have never used it myself but it seems pretty straightforward, get
the doc (which is in XML format) make changes, and post it back.

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Richard White <rich...@j7is.co.uk> wrote:

> thanks for the suggestion. this does seem intriguing although i have
failed in my search so far to find many good examples of interacting with
the documents with ColdFusion.

> I find even the Google API documentation isn't easy to follow and doesn't
offer much java examples.

> Would you know of any good links to start from.
>
> I have seen Ray Camden's work on authenticating in google docs etc...
which is brilliant, so i more getting stuck with amending data in a
document, such as writing new line, replacing data, adding grid rows etc...