> hi, unfortunately am unable to go down the Google Docs route as some of the
> data will be sensitive information and, due to regulations, needs to remain
> on our servers

Your organization could use Google Apps for Business, which is often
allowed under those sorts of regulations. We have many clients -
federal, state and local government agencies for example - using
Google Apps for Business. Normally, organizations purchase this for
mail and calendar primarily, but if all your organization wanted was
Docs you could have that.

Feel free to email me off-list if you think this is a possibility for
your organization. I won't be able to sell you Apps, but will be happy
to answer your questions.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.