If you normally use IIS then IIS7 is like learning a whole new web
server as it really has changed that much.
So if you are already familiar with Apache then you may just find it
easier to go down that route. But if you prefer the GUI route then it
is worth learning. Some folks get easily frustrated as it is a complex
beast now with so many features, but www.iis.net is a great resource
if u need help.

There are so many reasons why IIS7 is great, it would be impossible to
list them all, so i'll give give you a few key ones that make my day.

- URL rewriting is now native.
- Per site configuration can now be done with the web.config file, so
rather like the .htaccess file in Apache, you can tweak each site by
hand or by code, no need to use the GUI.
- PHP Manager, no more faffing about with php.ini or fastCGI, the PHP
manager allows you to choose which version of PHP u want for each site
and edit the php config settings and enable.disable extensions with
ease.
- Web Platform Installer - allows you to easily install tons of apps
directly to your site with a few click, such as Joomla, wordpress and
tons more, and also allows you to add/remove IIS components/features,
and install server apps such as MySQL and SQL Server all with the
optimum settings for windows/IIS
- more granular error handling
- request filtering allows you to easily hide/block certain requests
from the web. So if you use .ini file sin your app, you can filter
these so only your app can see them.
- built in tracing tools for failed requests
- if you like scripting things, then you will also like what you can
do with powershell

HTH

Russ