Another solution to consider for this besides a third party CDN is
installing mod_xsendfile (you can get this for both Apache and IIS 7 via
Helicon Ape). With mod_xsendfile on your server you simply write a
serve it with cfcontent, which frees up CF to do other things). This allows
you to keep the files outside of the web root (protected) and still allow
you to run your security code in CF.

--
Pete Freitag - Adobe Community Professional
http://foundeo.com/ - ColdFusion Consulting & Products