I think that there would be some intentional obfuscation by other
parties regardless of how they announced it but I do also think that
the "Flash is dead" message comes across more clearly when the
announcement is coupled with a significant layoff announcement.

None the less, I'm really glad that they are reiterating their support
of Flash/Flex within Air, I really do think that it is a great
development/deployment model.

Cheers,
Judah