From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwa...@figleaf.com]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 1:06 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Adobe drops Flsh for mobile devices

> True, but I see almost no empathy when people are expressing broader issue
concerns rather than
> issues of a technical nature.  Therein lies the clue to the correct
response.

You want empathy? Go to a shrink or talk to your bartender.

On a free mailing list, the "correct" response is the one you get, not
the one you want. And these "broader issue concerns" typically don't
have any positive resolution, have been brought up countless times,
etc, etc. Saying "CF is dying" on a CF technical list isn't really an
appropriate statement for the list. And of course, it always turns out
that CF is dying because you don't like what Adobe is doing with it,
which is beyond the control of everyone on the list - whether you
agree with it or not. You know, I think it would actually be OK if
someone asked how to help CF, but that's never what these "concerns"
are about. It's all about your dislike for Adobe's marketing plan, or
pricing, or whatever. Well, this is not the place for that.

> Sometimes the technician, sometimes the counselor.

No one pays me to be a counselor. On here, no one pays me to be a
technician either, so I reserve the right to answer questions as I see
fit.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite