Plus, many sites don't even have a way to show that ColdFusion (or any other
language) is being used.

Politico for example is a HUGE ColdFusion powered site that generates dynamic
content with CF and builds HTML files.
The United Nations websites does the same with ColdFusion.
There are a ton of Government sites using ColdFusion  - Does Alexa even rank
Government sites?

Google this  filetype:cfm
But this still only finds actual .cfm files and not any site that uses SES
URL's.

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/
Systems Administrator