The bigger question is, what is it you are doing in the interim process,
and is a redirect truly necessary? If this is a logging process, why
aren't you just logging in your onRequestEnd? By doing the 301, the
Search Engines are going to index and catalog the page being directed
to. This means that users coming from the search engine would get links
directly to the redirected page, skipping the interim process currently
in place.

Sounds like you need to build a better mousetrap.

Steve 'Cutter' Blades
Adobe Community Professional
Adobe Certified Expert
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://cutterscrossing.com

Co-Author "Learning Ext JS 3.2" Packt Publishing 2010
https://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js-3-2-for-building-dynamic-desktop-style-user-interfaces/book

"The best way to predict the future is to help create it"