You setup a 404 handler on the server, set to a specific cfm page
(404.cfm maybe). In this page you parse the url for your vehicle vars
(REQUEST.details.make = toyota, REQUEST.details.model = tacoma,
REQUEST.details.trim = extended king cab). You then put some conditional
in the bottom of the doc that includes the proper template:
/*
  *    If the URL contained variables for vehicles, and noted a specific
vehicle by VIN
  *    or stock number, then show the spec sheet for that specific vehicle.
  */
if(!StructEmpty(REQUEST.details) AND
(StructKeyExists(REQUEST.details,"VIN") OR
StructKeyExists(REQUEST.details,"stockNumber"))){
     include "/vehicleDisplay/vehicleDetail.cfm";
     /*
      *    If a specific vehicle isn't noted, but other pieces are
(make, model, etc) then
      *    show the vehicle search page, which we'll filter by the
passed details parsed
      *    into the REQUEST.details struct.
      */
} else if (!StructEmpty(REQUEST.details){
     include "/vehicleDisplay/vehicleSearch.cfm";
}

Steve 'Cutter' Blades
Adobe Community Professional
Adobe Certified Expert
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://cutterscrossing.com

Co-Author "Learning Ext JS 3.2" Packt Publishing 2010
https://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js-3-2-for-building-dynamic-desktop-style-user-interfaces/book

"The best way to predict the future is to help create it"