From: Andy Ewings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 03 January 2001 17:30
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Executing SQL server DTS packages from CF...

Yo can execute DTS packages from a command prompt by using the dtswiz or
dtsrun utilities so sou should be able to do it.  You could also try using
the OPENROWSET Transact SQL command to query the DTS package although I've
never done it and am not sure what it's supposed to do!

OPENROWSET('DTSPackageDSO', '/FC:\Dts\Dso.dts', 'Select *')

You can see how to use the dtsrun utility by looking at SQL books online.
Here's what the books online says it does:@

"The dtsrun utility allows you to retrieve, execute, delete, and overwrite a
package created using Data Transformation Services. The DTS package can be
stored in the Microsoft® SQL Server(tm) msdb database, a COM-structured
storage file, or Microsoft Repository. You can display the available
switches by entering dtsrun ?"

Andrew Ewings
Project Manager
Thoughtbubble Ltd
http://www.thoughtbubble.net
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.uk/
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
New Zealand
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.nz/
Tel: +64 (0) 9 419 4235
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0)207 387 8890.