The realistic problem that you'll find in this is nested comments. You
can't just delete anything between <!--- and ---> as you don't know
what is actually within that range. I use a regex that tests for how
deep the comments in an application goes. Then I use another set to
remove nested blocks from the most nested to the least.
My preference for this is powergrep but you can use grepwin as well.
I'll have to write up an article on the specific regex and its usage.
It's not a simple one and needs explanation both in concept and
execution.

But this is not a single, simple, program approach which can be used
without any oversight. It can be but I've never had to make it so and
I don't know anyone who has.

Sorry