No, I think that's less representative than what I wrote:

"Cutter, me: Comments can help those who come to the source code later
in ways that tests may not."

Note the "me" there. Cutter mentioned "noobs", I mentioned ways that
comments provide information that tests don't. Again, I specified two
cases where tests and pair programming wouldn't solve problems I had,
and comments could. These are actual cases from my own personal
experience in the last couple of weeks. If I accepted your answers at
face value, they would contradict my personal experience from these
two cases.

Look, I think that TDD is great. And I think that pair programming is
great, although it's not an option for many work environments.
Everybody should do these things if they can, and they will solve more
problems than comments would. But you have said, basically, that there
is NO POSSIBLE CASE where comments can solve a problem that TDD and
pair programming can't, and I think that's going to contradict many
people's experiences. That's a pretty absolutist position. Hell, I
suspect that if I asked Kent Beck himself, he'd say there are still
some cases where comments provide value that TDD doesn't.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.