I quite like Groovy as well - although unfortunately it doesn't look like
it really exploded like I think many of us thought it would do.

While it has a following, from my research, it seems to have kinda
stagnated in it's community growth, in favour of some other JVM based
languages.

I'm looking at Ruby a lot these days, as it has similar constructs and meta
programming models, but a much larger community - and if you run it on
JRuby, it has access to both the Java libraries as well as Ruby ones, which
is very powerful.

Mark

--
E: mark.man...@gmail.com