It's always IE...

Have a site that has a number of feeds using Raymond Camdens rss.cfc,
version 0.1
It's been working great in every single browser, cell phone, you name
it, since put into service years ago using an earlier version of the cfc.

IE 9 comes along - when I look at a feed I get a blank page.
Client sees something different - a page of run-on unformatted text.

The XML source validates in the w3schools validator.

Switching the IE9 browser mode to anything else - displays as it should.

Anybody else had issues like this and can point to a fix?
Google hasn't turned up too much helpful stuff yet.

I may just rewrite the page using CFFEED and see what happens, but
before I do that, just wondered if anybody else had seen issues like
this and had a fix.