the usual method is to have a vDir that points to a copy of the CFIDE with
all the scripts inside it. The host should be doing this.
it is not a good idea to maintain your own copy of CFIDE unless you are
going to keep it up to date with any patched or hotfixes yourself, which
may get out of sync with hosts version of cf.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Byron Mann <byronos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The latter issue with CFIDE is probably fine too. There probably just isnt
> a default doc.
>
> Best practice for a shared host would be to only put a copy of
> /CFIDE/scripts into your web root for your convenience, since you shouldn't
> have any CF admin access.
>
> Byron Mann
> Lead Engineer and Architect
> Hostmysite.com
> On Aug 28, 2012 3:06 AM, "Maureen" <mamamaur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> --

Russ Michaels

www.bluethunderinternet.com  : Business hosting services & solutions
www.cfmldeveloper.com        : ColdFusion developer community
www.michaels.me.uk           : my blog
www.cfsearch.com             : ColdFusion search engine
**
*skype me*                     : russmichaels