From: Robert Rhodes [mailto:rrhode...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 3 September 2012 1:51 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: r2 server (web edition(Can;t get CF installed on windows

I have installed CF9 many times without incident, but am now having no luck
installing the new 9.0.2 x64 installer.  I am sure I am doing something
wrong, but I have tried everything I can think of and still no luck.

Hopefully someone here can help.

I am installing CF9.0.2 on Windows 2008R2 Server x64 (Web Edition).  After
installing the OS, I do all the OS patches first.

Next, I install the Web Server Role, and in role services, I install:
Static Content
Default Document
Http Errors
Http Redirection
Asp.net
.net extendibility
CGI
ISAPI Extensions
ISAPI FIlters
Htttp Logging
Request Monitor
Request FIltering
IP and Domain Restrictions
Static Content Compression
IIS Management Console

I then install CF9.0.2 in a small partition (f: drive) and when prompted I
use a path outside the webroot for the CFAdmin.

When the 9.0.2 Installer finishes, the administrator loads fine for the
final configuration.

Once CF is done with its final configuration, I add an IIS site, and drop in
a simple coldfusion file.

When I run the simple coldfusion file, I get this error:

HTTP Error 404.2 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the ISAPI and CGI
Restriction list settings on the Web server.

I then check ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.  There are four entries there (2
asp.net and 2 Macromedia Server extensions) I then try setting Allow
unspecifiec CGI and ISAPI modules, but still no luck.

Lastely, I try setting permissions on cgi and isapi (in Handler mappings) to
and set them to execute. adnd still no luck.  But I now get this different
message:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error The page cannot be displayed
because an internal server error has occurred.

Sorry for the long email.    I have been trying to get this going for most
of the day and I am quite frustrated.

Any ideas?

--RR