Yeah something does seem to have gone wrong.

And I have no real solutions to that problem, I can only guess at things to
try like you are doing. But some of the things to double check, are you sure
it is x64bit ColdFusion, I doubt that the 32bit would have problems
installing though. Install as an Administrator, this is something that Adobe
don't make it clear enough, but they will tell you it should be.

Failing those two, could it be that the machine just needs a reboot before
configuration of the connectors?

Failing that I am not sure what else to suggest, but the description you
give seems to be more of a problem with things not being setup correctly in
IIS.. You could uninstall ColdFusion and then manually double check that all
has been removed for CF, then try reinstalling CF and see if that fixes
things.

But failing that I know ColdFusion 9, had problems with running on IIS7.5,
and the solution was to install it then install 9.01, and then configure
ColdFusion. My thinking is maybe the installer is the 9.0 installer that has
issues with IIS7.5?

--
Regards,
Andrew Scott