Team Allaire is great, but corporations and other large installations need
something a little more tangible. They want someone's name on a contract. :)

Thankfully, I've never needed to contact Allaire support except by e-mail
off of their site and as I've always worked in the United States with other
North American based companies, these two items in particular have not been
an issue for me or the companies I work for. However, the original question
was why hasn't ColdFusion been largely adopted overseas, particularly in
Europe. I believe these two items are of great concern to larger companies
outside the United States.

For the experiences of a team of developers working outside the United
States on a larger project, have a look at the following article:

http://webdevelopersjournal.com/software/coldfusion_problems.html

Keep in mind this pertains to ColdFusion 3 and the infamous Sun Solaris port
of ColdFusion prior to the platform independent code base developed for
ColdFusion 4.5.

Benjamin S. Rogers
Web Developer, c4.net
voice: (508) 240-0051