Hi Guys,

I've been wrestling with a problem calling a SOAP Web Service using cfhttp. The
endpoint is an https URL to a server IP, not a host name.

We are running MX7.

Initially when I tried connecting I got the usual error response from an
untrusted authority source:

"ErrorDetail: I/O Exception: peer not authenticated"

Usually when this happens we download the certificate (DER format saved as a
.cer file) from the site using a browser and add it to the Java SDK truststore
using the "keytool -import ...." command in the jrun/jre/lib folder.

This all went ok and I can see the certificate when I list them using the
"keytool - list..." command.

This changed the error response to:

"ErrorDetail: I/O Exception: Name in certificate `hub' does not match host name
`187.141.14.122'"

My first issue is very common and usually easy to resolve, but the latter has
caused a lot of head banging.

What I can tell is that it seems to be self signed certificate and feel this
might be part of the problem.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ian.