You should also consider that passing the session token in the URL opens
you up to certain XSS vulnerabilities such as the one Yahoo Mail
encountered about a month ago:

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/01/07/yahoo-mail-users-hit-by-widespread-hacking-xss-exploit-seemingly-to-blame/

In my opinion, passing the token in the URL adds risk and should be done
with great care.

-Cameron